Senior Operations engineer – MYRIAD
Myriad delivers consumer applications, messaging solutions, and embedded software to leading OEMs, mobile operators, and pay TV providers worldwide.
Our messaging services deliver instant messaging and social networking to tens of millions of users in Latin America, Asia and Africa. Working with some of the world’s most successful mobile phone operators, Myriad’s market leading content provider, Versy, enables consumers to connect to friends and family for free across feature phones as well as smartphones. Our Updates service, provided over USSD, enables users without data plans to connect to the social networks and chat services they want to reach in a simple and affordable way. In many cases, Myriad’s services are providing users with their first experience of the Internet.
Our market proven and innovative connected home solutions are found in billions of mobile phones and tens of millions of set-top boxes and Blu-ray players.
As part of the Myriad Connect Division, you will deliver our services around the World and most particularly to the African Market.
You main mission as part of the Operational Team is to deliver our platforms and services to new or existing customers as well as providing support to them when there is a need to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
As the representative of Myriad in the region, your other mission will be to manage the relationship with our African customers to provide them with a point of contact when they need support (technical or follow up).
- Working under the direction of team leader / senior engineer to specify, develop, test, and integrate software products with required quality in time manner
- Deploy, monitor, and administer applications and underlying services on AWS or operators infrastructure platforms
- Manage patches and releases into production (including rollbacks, etc)
- Strong trouble shooting skills, this includes identification of work-around solutions and duplication of customer problems
- Strong communication skills: ability to provide frequent technical updates written and verbally, provide well researched problem reports when escalating to SGI or vendor engineers and to work and communicate well with others (technical and non-technical communication)
- Do regular follow ups with the customers (remotely and onsite) in order to provide the proper support and representation
- Fully committed to provide the relevant SLA service to our customers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel and prioritize accordingly, adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, and be self-directed.
- Other job requirements: Available for 7×24 support on a rotating basis. Some travel might be required.
- Work with R&D team on defect prioritization and resolution
- Report to manager progress and areas of technical responsibility
- Prepare relevant maintenance documentation
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science or relevant industry certifications
- Good Communication skills in French and English
- Proven expertise with networking protocols & Unix/Linux Experience (Redhat and CentOS)
- 3+ years production experience administrating highly-available architectures.
- Knowledge of Telecom Protocols GSM, SS7, SMPP, …
- Networking, routing, failover/firewalls, VPN, User security, SSO, and encryption.
- Experience with MySQL DB
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Expert in high availability applications including redundancy, fail over, scalability, monitoring and performance
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate technically difficult concepts and to document work procedures for a technical and non/technical audience
- Ability to work under pressure during crisis situations
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Global perspective and familiar with working across multiple time-zones
- Excellent organization, documentation and communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- SysAdmin experience
- Relevant experience in the telecom industry
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Structuring systems architecture for multiple deployments per week (not once per quarter) and developing processes, policies, and automation for multiple deployments per week
- Understands and champions continuous integration and creating the infrastructure required for continuous builds
- Knowledge/experience of:
- Security policy creation
- Network and host based intrusion monitoring
- Web application security
- Knowledge in platform security with a working knowledge of best of breed tools and long term security planning
- Experience in cloud environments
- Load balancing
Les candidatures doivent être envoyées à l’email firstname.lastname@example.org avec pour objet « Senior Operations engineer » au plus tard lei 31.06.2019